The ISL9110A is a highly-integrated Buck-Boost switching regulator that accepts input voltages either above or below the regulated output voltage. Unlike other Buck-Boost regulators, this regulator automatically transitions between operating modes without significant output disturbance.
This part is capable of delivering up to 1.2A output current, and provides excellent efficiency due to its fully synchronous 4-switch architecture. No-load quiescent current of only 35µA also optimizes efficiency under light-load conditions. Forced PWM and/or synchronization to an external clock may also be selected for noise sensitive applications.
The ISL9110A is designed for standalone applications and supports 3.3V and 5V fixed output voltages or variable output voltages with an external resistor divider. Output voltages as low as 1V, or as high as 5.2V are supported using an external resistor divider.
The ISL9110A requires only a single inductor and very few external components. Power supply solution size is minimized by a 2.4mm x 1.6mm WLCSP package and a 2.5MHz switching frequency, which further reduces the size of external components.
- Accepts Input Voltages Above or Below Regulated Output Voltage
- Automatic and Seamless Transitions Between Buck and Boost Modes
- Input Voltage Range: 1.8V to 5.5V
- Output Current: Up to 1.2A
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- 35µA Quiescent Current Maximizes Light-load Efficiency
- 2.5MHz Switching Frequency Minimizes External Component Size
- Selectable Forced-PWM Mode and External Synchronization
- Fully Protected for Overcurrent, Over-temperature and Undervoltage
- Small 2.4mmx1.6mm WLCSP Package
- Regulated 33V from a Single Li-Ion Battery
- Smart Phones and Tablet Computers
- Handheld Devices
- Point-of-Load Regulators