The ISL91107IR is a highly-integrated buck-boost switching regulator that accepts input voltages either above or below the regulated output voltage. Unlike other buck-boost regulators, this regulator automatically transitions between operating modes without significant output disturbance.
This device is capable of delivering up to 2A of output current (PVIN = 2.8V, VOUT = 3.3V) and provides excellent efficiency due to its fully synchronous 4-switch architecture. No-load quiescent current of only 45µA also optimizes efficiency under light load conditions.
The ISL91107IR is designed for standalone applications and supports 3.3V fixed output voltages or variable output voltages with an external resistor divider. Output voltages as low as 1V or as high as 5.2V are supported using an external resistor divider.
The ISL91107IR requires only a single inductor and very few external components. Power supply solution size is minimized by its 2.5MHz switching frequency, allowing small size external components. The ISL91107IR is available in a 3x4 20 Ld TQFN package. Alternatively, the ISL91107 is available in a 2.15mmx1.51mm WLCSP package.
- Accepts input voltages above or below regulated output voltage
- Automatic and seamless transitions between buck and boost modes
- Input voltage range: 1.8V to 5.5V
- Output current: up to 2A (PVIN = 2.8V, VOUT = 3.3V)
- High efficiency: up to 96%
- 45µA quiescent current maximizes light load efficiency
- 2.5MHz switching frequency minimizes external component size
- Selectable forced PWM mode
- Fully protected for short-circuit, over-temperature and undervoltage
- Small 3mmx4mm TQFN package
- Smartphones and tablet PCs
- Wireless communication devices
- Optical modules networking equipment