The RAA210833 is not recommended for new designs and has no alternative product available.
The RAA210833 is a pin-strap-configurable 33A step-down PMBus-compliant DC/DC power supply module that integrates a digital PWM controller, synchronous MOSFETs, power inductor, and passive components. Only input and output capacitors are needed to finish the design. Because of its thermally enhanced HDA packaging technology, the module can deliver up to 33A of continuous output current without the need for airflow or additional heat sinking. The RAA210833 simplifies configuration and control of Renesas digital power technology while offering an upgrade path to full PMBus configuration through the pin-compatible ISL8278M. The RAA210833 uses ChargeMode™ control architecture, which responds to a transient load within a single switching cycle. The RAA210833 comes with a preprogrammed configuration for operating in a pin-strap mode. Output voltage, switching frequency, input UVLO, soft-start/stop delay and ramp times, and the device SMBus address can be programmed with external pin-strap resistors. A standard PMBus interface addresses fault management, as well as real-time full telemetry and point-of-load monitoring. The RAA210833 is available in a 41 Ld compact 17mm x 19mm HDA module with a very low profile height of 3. 6mm, suitable for automated assembly by standard surface mount equipment. The RAA210833 is RoHS compliant by exemption.
- 33A single channel output current
- Wide VIN range: 4.5V to 14V
- Programmable output voltage
- 0.6V to 5V output voltage settings
- ±1.2% accuracy over line/load/temperature
- PMBus Interface and/or Pin-strap mode
- Pin-strap mode for standard settings
- VOUT, switching frequency, input UVLO, soft-start/stop, and external sync
- Real time telemetry for VIN, VOUT, IOUT, temperature, duty cycle, and switching frequency.
- ChargeMode control loop architecture
- 296kHz to 1.06MHz fixed switching frequency operations
- No compensation required
- Fast single clock cycle transient response
- Complete input and output over/undervoltage, output current, and temperature protections with fault logging
- PowerNavigator supported
- Thermally enhanced HDA package