The RAA210925 is a pin-strap configurable dual 25A step-down PMBus-compliant DC/DC power supply module that integrates a digital PWM controller, synchronous MOSFETs, power inductor, and passive components. Only input and output capacitors are needed to finish the design. Because of its thermally-enhanced HDA packaging technology, the module can deliver up to 25A of continuous output current without the need for airflow or additional heat sinking. The RAA210925 simplifies configuration and control of Renesas digital power technology while offering an upgrade path to full PMBus configuration through the pin-compatible ISL8274M.
The RAA210925 comes with a preprogrammed configuration for operating in pin-strap mode. A standard PMBus interface addresses fault management, real-time full telemetry and point-of-load monitoring. Additionally, the RAA210925 uses ChargeModeTM control architecture, which responds to a transient load within a single switching cycle. Operating across an input voltage range from 4. 5V to 14V, the RAA210925 offers adjustable output voltage from 0. 6V to 5V.
The RTKA2109252H00000BU evaluation board is a 4. 0in x 4. 5in 8-layer FR4 board with 2oz. copper on top and bottom layer and 1oz. copper in buried layers. This evaluation board comes with a placeholder for pin-strap resistors to adjust output voltage, switching frequency, input undervoltage lockout (UVLO) protection threshold, device PMBus address, overcurrent limit, ASCR setting, and soft-start setting. More configurations can be easily programmed or changed using a PMBus compliant serial bus interface.
The ZLUSBEVAL3Z (USB to PMBus adapter) is provided with this evaluation board, which connects the evaluation board to a PC to activate the PMBus communication interface. The PMBus command set is accessed by using the PowerNavigatorTM evaluation software from a PC running Microsoft Windows. The RTKA2109252H00000BU can operate in pin-strap mode without needing the ZLUSBEVAL3Z adapter or PMBus communication.
The PowerCompassTM tool helps you start your design in the right direction, giving you tools to find Renesas parts that match your requirements, set up multiple rails if needed, perform high-level system analysis and generate reference design files.
- VIN range of 4.5V to 14V, VOUT adjustable from 0.6V to 5V. Up to 95.5% efficiency
- Pin-strap mode for standard settings: VOUT, switching frequency, ASCR setting, input UVLO, soft-start/stop, tracking, and external synchronization
- Real time telemetry for VIN, VOUT, IOUT, temperature, duty cycle, and switching frequency and fault logging
- ChargeMode control that is tunable with pin-strap resistors or the PMBus interface
- Mechanical switch for enable and the power-good LED indicator
- Server, telecom, storage, and datacom, Industrial/ATE and networking equipment, General purpose power for ASIC, FPGA, DSP, and memory