The P9222-R is an integrated single-chip wireless power receiver IC (Rx) for up to 5W applications. The P9222-R is highly efficient at light loads and very well-suited for low-power applications such as earbuds case charging. A unique Ping detect feature gives the user an early indication of the wireless charger connection and improves thermal performance at the end of complete battery charging. Low under-voltage lockout (UVLO) threshold allows the receiver to start up even with a weaker digital ping strength signal from a transmitter over an extended area.
The device includes over-temperature and under/over-voltage protection. The internal over-voltage clamping protects the rectifier output from rising above the overvoltage level when the receiver is quickly moved from a low-coupling position to a high-coupling position. The integrated 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor (trademark of ARM, Ltd.) offers a high level of programmability and design parameters that can be easily configured through the I2C interface or an external EEPROM.
The P9222-R is available in a RoHS ultra-small WLCSP-40 package and it is rated for a -40°C to +85°C ambient operating temperature range.
- Ultra-compact, efficient wireless power receiver for up to 5W applications
- WPC 1.2 Qi Baseline Power Profile (BPP) compatible
- Optimized light load efficiency for low power applications
- Ping detection for reduced power consumption at end of charging
- Low under-voltage lockout (UVLO) for low voltage start-up for faster connections over an extended area
- ASK and FSK modulation/demodulation for Bi-directional Communication: Rx-to-Tx and Tx-to-Rx
- Easy configuration of design parameters through I2C interface on an external EEPROM
- ADC input to measure battery voltage or system voltage
- Embedded 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0 processor
- Internal over-voltage clamping
- Low standby and operating mode power consumption
- High performance low dropout (LDO) regulator with low RDS(on) and programmable current limiting
- Supports I2C slave/master mode
- 40-WLCSP: 5 × 8 ball array, 2.28 × 3.38 mm, 0.4mm pitch